Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Possibilities

Evan & I are going to contact a few places that are possible reception venues. The struggle now comes with staying in a budget while having the guest list that we want. In order to have a clearer idea, we have drawn up a list of all the people that we would like to be there and it is quite extensive. This list doesn't even include our parents' friends.

So, now it comes to finding a place that is 1.Big enough to hold all the people we want 2.At a price we can afford. It also raises the question of having either a smaller guest list with a full meal and open bar OR having a larger guest list with hor'dourves, sandwiches and/or soup and dessert (still with open bar of course!). Would this seem cheap of us or would people just have a jolly time drinking and eating smaller fare while dancing the night away? Since the wedding is earlier in the day and the reception would be mid-afternoon I think this wouldn't be an ludicrous notion.

Your opinion is welcomed! Go vote on the side bar.

In other news, I have been looking through all the wedding books, magazines and websites getting a clearer idea of what I would like as far as decor. Since it is a winter wedding, I would like to get all the winter stuff that goes on sale this spring, so decisions should be made soon. Here is a possible centerpiece:


Imagine white roses or carnations in the vase surrounded by rose petals or kisses!

No comments: